New Mexico Construction Accident Attorney
Workers in the construction industry are a vital asset to the state of New Mexico. Construction means economic growth, and we must ensure that construction workers receive maximum compensation if they sustain an on-the-job injury. At Liles White, we are here to help if you need a New Mexico construction accident attorney by your side. Our team of attorneys have extensive experience handling complex work injury cases, and we know what it takes to navigate both workers’ compensation claims as well as third-party personal injury lawsuits in these situations.
Choose Liles White for Your Construction Accident Claim
- At Liles White, our New Mexico personal injury lawyers have more than two decades of litigation experience handling complex injury claims for those in New Mexico and throughout the U.S.
- We are a bilingual team of trial lawyers that makes sure our clients always understand what is going on and what to expect next in their cases.
- Our personal injury law firm takes New Mexico construction accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients will not pay any legal fees until after we obtain the compensation they need.
How Will a Construction Accident Lawyer Help Your Case?
Construction accident injury claims often put the victim going up against aggressive and well-funded insurance companies. However, a New Mexico construction accident lawyer can help level the playing field on behalf of the injured worker. A lawyer can use the resources of their office and their legal expertise to gather all evidence needed to prove liability in the construction site accident case. Additionally, a skilled construction accident attorney can:
- Ensure their client is evaluated by trusted medical professionals
- Work with economic and financial experts to properly calculate their client’s total losses
- Engage in negotiation with insurance carriers and employers to help ensure their client receives full compensation
Construction Accidents Can Lead to Severe Injuries
The construction industry is known for being particularly hazardous. Our study on U.S. construction injury statistics shows recent data on both fatal and non-fatal injuries occurring in the construction industry in 2020. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, we can see that 5,333 total workers lost their lives on the job during the latest reporting year. Approximately 20 percent of all workplace fatalities that year happened in the construction industry. Data collected by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics shows 174,100 total cases of nonfatal injuries or illnesses reported in the construction industry.
When investigating these incidents, our New Mexico construction accident lawyers often find that these injuries and fatalities are entirely preventable and caused by the careless or negligent actions of employers or third parties. Our team New Mexico brain injury lawyers have handled brain injury cases caused by lack of head protection in serious construction accidents. The New Mexico burn injury lawyers at Liles White have also helped burn victims recover compensation after construction injuries involving electrocution, fire, or chemical burns. Some of the most common causes of construction site accidents include the following:
- Insufficient fall protections
- Defective or poorly constructed scaffolding
- Improper electrocution prevention protocols
- A lack of guarding around machinery
- Vehicle accidents
- Insufficient respiratory protections
- A lack of safety gear for workers
- A lack of worker safety training
Workers’ Comp or Third-Party Claim?
In general, construction workplace accident victims will receive compensation for their injuries through the workers’ compensation insurance system in New Mexico. However, we also recognize that there are usually other parties present at a construction site (contractors, sub-contractors, utility companies, etc.) that could also be held liable through a third-party lawsuit if they were responsible for causing the worker’s construction injury. Speaking with our New Mexico work injury lawyer can help you find out the compensation you are entitled to for your specific construction site accident claim.
Contact Our New Mexico Construction Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured while working in the construction industry in New Mexico, you may need assistance from an experienced construction accident lawyer to ensure you receive the maximum compensation for your personal injury claim. At Liles White, our goal is to help fully investigate these claims and stand up to aggressive workers’ compensation insurance carriers and employers in an effort to secure the maximum compensation for our clients to make a full recovery. We have no problem filing third-party lawsuits, if necessary to hold negligent entities responsible for their actions. When you need a New Mexico construction accident lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case or by calling our law firm at (361) 826-0100 to speak to a personal injury attorney.