New Mexico Oil Field Accident Attorney
In New Mexico and throughout the southwest, there are thousands of people working in the oil field industry. These workers are essential, but the reality is that they also work in an incredibly dangerous environment each day. At Liles White, we are here to help if you need a New Mexico oil field accident attorney. Our team of attorneys have extensive experience handling complex industrial accident claims, and we know how to determine liability and ensure that our clients receive full compensation for their losses. The personal injury lawyers at Liles White have the ability to stand up to aggressive insurance companies or employers in these situations, so let us represent your oil field accident case today.
Why Choose Liles White for Help With This Case?
- At Liles White, our New Mexico personal injury attorneys have an extensive network of experts at our disposal who can fully investigate oil field accident claims.
- We are a bilingual team of attorneys that take client care seriously. We make sure that our clients always know what is going on with their cases.
- Our law firm has secured hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients, including an $18 million settlement for a victim of a car accident.
How Will an Attorney Help an Oil Field Accident Case?
Oil field accident cases typically become much more complicated than what an injury victim can handle on their own. However, a New Mexico oil field accident lawyer can use their resources to fully investigate these claims and determine liability. An oil field accident attorney can use their resources to:
- Fully investigate the safety records of the company in charge of the oil field.
- Obtain any evidence related to the actual incident, including surveillance footage, eyewitness statements, photographs, etc.
- Work with trusted medical experts to fully assess the injury victim’s injuries and properly calculate total expected losses.
- Handle all negotiations with every party involved, including workers’ compensation insurance carriers and the employer, to secure full compensation.
Oil Field Accidents in New Mexico Can Lead to Severe Injuries
The very nature of oil fields often means that workers are placed into precarious situations on a regular basis. This can include workers operating around heavy machinery or hazardous materials. At Liles White, our New Mexico oil field accident lawyers have experience helping clients who have sustained the following:
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe burn injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head wounds
- Spinal cord injuries with paralysis
- Other severe back or neck injury
- Amputations or crush injuries
- Loss of or damage to a bodily organ
- Significant scarring or disfigurement
Additionally, we want to point out that there are many injuries that occur in the oil industry that may not be immediately apparent. For example, workers in the oil field industry regularly perform the same motions over and over again. This can lead to debilitating repetitive stress injuries that may not develop until years after someone has been on the job.
Oil rig workers are also exposed to various hazardous chemicals and elements on a regular basis. This can increase the chance of them developing chronic respiratory illnesses, occupational cancers, hearing and vision problems, and more.
Who Is Liable for an Oil Field Injury?
Just about every oil field employee will be covered by workers’ compensation insurance in New Mexico. In this state, the workers’ compensation system is designed to be “no-fault,” which means that an injured worker should be able to receive compensation for any injury they sustained while performing work duties, regardless of who caused the injury. Unfortunately, there are times when an employer or insurance company delays or denies these claims.
Additionally, New Mexico oil field workers could be entitled to additional compensation beyond workers’ comp if their injuries were caused by a third party aside from the employer. This can include:
- Any contractors or subcontractors working at the location
- Companies or manufacturers of defective oil field equipment
- Inspection or maintenance crews who failed to keep the equipment safe
If a third party was involved in the injury incident, it may be necessary to file a personal injury lawsuit against them so that the injury victim can recover the total compensation available to them. Our New Mexico workplace accident attorneys have the experience and skill to handle these injury claims.
How Much Compensation Is Available for an Oil Field Injury Claim?
There may be various types of compensation available to injured oil field workers in New Mexico. At Liles White, we strive to ensure that our clients receive the following types of economic and non-economic compensation:
- Complete coverage of their medical bills related to the injury
- Compensation for physical therapy or rehabilitation
- Coverage of prescription medications or medical devices
- Lost wages if they cannot work while they recover
- Various household out-of-pocket expenses
- Possible temporary or permanent disability benefits
- Pain and suffering losses
- Loss of quality of life damages
There is no set amount of money available to oil field injury victims in the aftermath of a New Mexico oil field accident. There are various factors that pertain to each specific incident when making these calculations. In general, the more severe a worker’s injuries, the more financial compensation they are likely to receive.
How Much Does an Oil Field Accident Lawyer Cost?
At Liles White, we take New Mexico oil field accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients will not be responsible for paying any upfront or out-of-pocket costs related to their cases. We will not collect any legal fees from our clients until after we ensure they receive the compensation they are entitled to.
Call Our New Mexico Oil Field Accident Lawyers for Help
If you or somebody you love has been injured in an accident at an oil field in New Mexico, you should be entitled to full compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages. At Liles White, our team is here to help. We have extensive experience handling complex industrial and work injury claims in New Mexico and throughout the Southwest. We have the resources necessary to investigate the case, determine liability, and stand up to aggressive insurance carriers and employers. When you need a New Mexico oil field accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case or by calling (361) 826-0100.