New Mexico Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
Spinal cord injuries often result in devastating consequences for the injury victim. Whether the victim suffered from a tragic motorcycle accident or a slip and fall accident, the aftermath can include significant physical pain and suffering as well as lifelong disabilities. At Liles White, our team of attorneys are here to help if you need a New Mexico spinal cord injury attorney by your side. We have the resources and legal expertise necessary to fully investigate spinal cord injury claims and help victims secure the compensation they need. Our personal injury lawyers are not afraid to stand up to aggressive insurance carriers or at-fault parties to ensure our clients have the compensation necessary to handle all of their spinal cord injury expenses.
Why Choose Liles White PLLC
- At Liles White, our New Mexico personal injury attorneys have an extensive network of subject matter experts and access to significant resources so we can fully assess the situation, determine liability, and properly calculate our clients’ total losses.
- As a team of trial lawyers, we are confident in our ability to handle complex injury cases and hold at-fault parties responsible for their behavior.
- We take New Mexico spinal cord injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients will not have to pay any legal fees until after we obtain the compensation they need.
How Can A New Mexico Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Help?
It is crucial to work with a skilled attorney to help with a spinal cord injury case in New Mexico. Unfortunately, spinal cord injury victims and their family members often face an uphill battle when working to secure full compensation, particularly coverage of long-term medical care and in-home needs. A spinal cord injury lawyer can use their resources to fully investigate the incident and obtain all of the evidence necessary to determine liability.
Importantly, an attorney can turn to trusted spinal cord injury specialists and economic experts to adequately calculate the total expected losses the victim will sustain. After gathering all this information, an attorney will vigorously negotiate a fair out-of-court settlement and seek compensation while also preparing the case for trial, if necessary.
What Are The Costs of Spinal Cord Injury?
When we look at data provided by the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center (NSCISC), we can see that spinal cord injuries can be incredibly costly. In just the first year of medical care alone, a victim could face expenses ranging from $368,000 to more than $1.1 million. The data also shows that every following year of treatment until the end of a person’s life could add additional costs ranging from $44,000 to more than $200,000.
However, these medical costs do not factor in the overall expenses that a spinal cord injury victim and their family will face. Other costs include the following:
- The cost to modify a vehicle or home to aid with mobility
- The cost to travel to and from medical care visits
- Lost income if a victim cannot work
- Lost income of a family member if they have to become a caregiver
What Are Spinal Cord Injuries Caused By?
According to the NSCISC, spinal cord injuries occur in a variety of ways. Data taken nationally from 2015 to 2019 reveals that the top causes of these injuries include the following:
- Vehicle accidents (39.3%)
- Falls (31.8%)
- Violence (13.5%)
- Sports and recreation incidents (8.0%)
- Medical or surgical mistakes (4.3%)
- Other causes (3.1%)
Speak To Our New Mexico Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you love has sustained a spinal cord injury caused by the negligent actions of someone else in New Mexico, let Liles White get to work on your behalf today. We understand how devastating a spinal cord injury can be, particularly when there are short- or long-term disabilities involved. Our attorneys have the resources necessary to fully investigate these claims, work with trusted medical and economic experts, and help our clients secure full compensation for their losses. When you need a New Mexico spinal cord injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case or by calling (361) 826-0100.