New Mexico Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft are common household names now. It is no longer such a strange concept to press a button on an app and have somebody come pick you up in their personal vehicle and take you to your destination. However, accidents involving rideshare vehicles do occur. At Liles White, we are here if you need a New Mexico rideshare accident attorney. We understand the complexities involved in securing compensation after an Uber or Lyft accident, particularly when it comes to dealing with the insurance policies involved.
Choose Liles White for Help With This Case
- At Liles White, our New Mexico personal injury attorneys have more than 20 years of litigation experience that we will bring to your rideshare accident case.
- Our attorneys have secured hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients, including an $18 million settlement for the victim of a car accident.
- We take New Mexico rideshare accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will only pay legal fees after we obtain the compensation they deserve.
How An Attorney Will Benefit Your Rideshare Accident Claim
Just like any other vehicle accident, a rideshare collision must be thoroughly investigated in order to determine liability. A skilled New Mexico rideshare accident lawyer can use their resources to obtain all evidence needed to prove liability, including photo or video surveillance, the rideshare driver’s mobile device data, statements from eyewitnesses, accident reports, and more.
Additionally, a rideshare accident attorney will be needed to handle all communication and negotiations with all parties involved. Because these incidents involve rideshare companies, it is almost a certainty that the opposing side will have legal teams of their own. Rideshare accident victims should not try to tackle these cases by themselves.
Who Pays for a Rideshare Accident?
Determining liability for a rideshare accident will be done just like any other vehicle collision – through extensive investigation by all parties. However, the complications come when determining what happens if the rideshare driver is at fault. Major companies like Uber and Lyft operate on a tiered insurance system.
- If a rideshare driver causes a crash when they are not signed in to work, then their personal insurance carrier will be responsible for covering any other party’s damages.
- If a rideshare driver causes a crash when they are signed into work but do not have a passenger or are not on the way to pick one up, their personal carrier will still be primarily responsible for the other party’s damages. Both Uber and Lyft will provide limited coverage if the personal carrier denies the claim or if the limits of the policy are exhausted.
- If a rideshare driver is involved in an accident when they have a passenger or are on the way to pick one up, both Uber and Lyft have $1 million liability insurance policies to cover every party involved.
Work With a New Mexico Rideshare Accident Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured in an accident involving a rideshare vehicle in New Mexico, you should seek assistance from the attorneys at Liles White as soon as possible. We understand how complex these cases can be, but our New Mexico car accident attorneys have the experience and resources necessary to fully investigate the situation and help ensure you receive the compensation you need. We will stand by your side throughout the insurance claims process and fully prepare to take your case to trial, if necessary. When you need a New Mexico rideshare accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case or by calling (361) 826-0100.